> *Can't figure out why people trash Java (my language is better than yours
> thing;) the key driver of Java is its library - it has no peer!*

And yet, here you are continuing the argument. Ignoring the fact that
countless other languages have equal ( maybe even bigger / better )
Libraries. I would like you to think about a few things.

1) How much storage space does Java cost you to run your application(s)?
2) How much processor time does the JVM eat up in addition to your own
application(s)?
3) How much memory does the JVM use in addition to your application(s), and
how much memory does it take to run your application(s)?
4) How performant is your application using Java as compared to the same
application using another language ?

All of the above tie to efficiency, and can have multiple effects on
various different aspects while running an embedded system over time. Most
certainly there is more to consider as well.