Well, it should be very obvious by now that I have a strong dislike for
Java, and I was being too literal. This sort of situation really upsets me,
and I've seen it happen on more than Java too. Most recently was with
Nodejs, and an older package manager pulling in x86 / i386 specific code
for my own BBB. This does not happen at all with NPM, at least not that
I've seen yet.

Also since I do not use Java at all, I was under the impression that the
JVM was supposed to handle all the hardware abstraction, but from what
you're saying here I was probably wrong. At least in the context of
hardware architecture. This is how I feel it should be done however.

I still wont touch Java, and there is at least one more language I try to
avoid at all costs too. But if it works for you, I say more power to you.
It was not my intention to start a "holy crusade" in the name of
development.. Despite the fact that seems where I've taken us.