After reading lots of stuff I have what I thought might work.

Segments from my .dts

  exclusive-use =
   "p9.25";   /* R30[7] */

  fragment@0 {
    target = <&am33xx_pinmux>;
    __overlay__ {
      mygpio: pinmux_mygpio{
        pinctrl-single,pins = <
          0x1AC 0x25  /* P9.25 mode 5 pulldown output */
          >;
      };
    };
  };

If I do nothing in my pru code this pin is always high even after I reboot
the bbb.

I tried
CLR R30.T7

and the pin still remained high.