On 10/8/2014 11:10 AM, Ray Madigan wrote:
> After reading lots of stuff I have what I thought might work.
>
> Segments from my .dts
>
>   exclusive-use =
>    "p9.25";   /* R30[7] */
>

>   fragment@0 {
>     target = <&am33xx_pinmux>;
>     __overlay__ {
>       mygpio: pinmux_mygpio{
>         pinctrl-single,pins = <
>           0x1AC 0x25  /* P9.25 mode 5 pulldown output */
>           >;
>       };
>     };
>   };
>
> If I do nothing in my pru code this pin is always high even after I reboot
> the bbb.
>
> I tried
> CLR R30.T7
>
> and the pin still remained high.
>
> Is there something else I need to do.

Browse the live device tree (/proc/device-tree) and make sure it's what
you expect.  Typically, you create a pinctrl-single,pin entry and refer
to that in some other device.  When that device is loaded, the kernel
will implement the pinmux settings referred to.

Is there some reason you're not just using config-pin and loading one of
the universal overlays?

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net