Hi,

I've just downloaded Robert Nelson's debian image of

https://rcn-ee.net/deb/microsd/wheezy/bone-debian-7.7-console-armhf-2014-10-29-2gb.img.xz

and flashed it to an SDcard. I discovered that there is no MLO or
u-boot.img in the first partition. I thought that was ok since I understand
that without pressing the boot button the system would look for the MLO and
the u-boot.img on the first partition of the eMMC, but would boot with the
kernel image on the SDcard. The u-boot version on the eMMC is "U-Boot
2014.04-00014-g47880f5 (Apr 22 2014 - 13:23:54)".

As expected, the system booted up successfully with the new kernel. Out of
curiosity, I booted again pressing the boot button, and expecting an error.
But to my surprise, again the system booted successfully, using a u-boot
from I don't know where with a new version number "U-Boot
2014.10-00019-gbfd789c (Oct 15 2014 - 11:56:05)". Can anyone explain to me
what happened? Where does this u-boot come from?

Thanks,

Ricky Chang