On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 1:24 AM,  <rickyc8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, a lot of things on Linux looks like voodoo magic, and so many
> mysterious codes lying everywhere :)
>
> That said, can you point me to the place where I can learn how that was
> done, and the complete boot mechanism of the BBB? I am trying to learn the
> boot process(among other things) of the BBB but there are just so much info
> lying around, some are outdated and some are conflicting. Also does that
> mean I can no longer access or see these two files? Is there a place where I
> could download the source for the image?

Page 4934 (mmc raw mode)

http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/spruh73k/spruh73k.pdf

> I read your instructions at:
>
> https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-SetupmicroSD/SDcard
>
> and saw that you have only made one partition on the SDcard with both the
> kernel and file system, and before you format the card you've dd'ed both the
> MLO and u-boot.img to it. Is this how that was done? And I thought that was
> a mistake, silly me :)

Do you you notice how we create a 1Mb hole on the front of the drive
via sfdisk?  After that point, the order of dd'ing the bootloader or
mkfs.ext4 the partition doesn't really matter..

> I have learned a lot from what you have posted on the web, thank you for
> your work and I look forward to seeing more "Products" from you. Too bad
> there is not a centralized location where we can learn all these for the
> BBB.

Well there is this mailing list.

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/