Hey,

I am using the BBB for backup (via BTSync, this also gives me some troubles
lately, but that is a different story...). I am thinking of bringing the
BBB to work (at a university) to get a real off-site backup. However, I am
not sure what steps I should take in order to make sure nobody can access
my files there. So my questions are:

1) What should I do to make sure it is secure? I think I would even be
happy only to access it via USB and the webserver of BTsync (port 8888)

2) What services could I shut off? I don't need the GUI, the webserver,
could probably lock down many ports and other services I do not even know
that they are currently running...

3) Potentially I could also hook the BBB to my computer via USB and share
Internet with it. Would that be a more secure option?

Thanks
Tommi

Ps: I tried to search the group/internet, but interestingly it seems not to
be a big question out there...