Hello All

I'm starting to design a commercial project which will use a number of
networked BBB's as process controllers.  While I"m an experienced DP guy,
I"m an absolute newbie with the BBB hardware and software.

I'm at the point of choosing a language in which the applications will be
written.  The main application will be a no-user, stand-alone, repetitive
data-processing application, so I want a language with the following
characteristics :

   1. high level
   2. procedural
   3. modular - high cohesion and low coupling
   4. non-object oriented
   5. strong array processing
   6. runs under Linux
   7. compilable

My research tells me that Python is the most-used high-level language
within the BBB community, but it fails ( at least somewhat ) on several of
the above requirements.

My research tells me that XBasic ( which satisfies all of the above )
doesn't seem to be much used within the BBB community.

My Questions, therefore are :

A - XBasic is said to run under Linux - does anyone know of a reason why it
would not work on the BBB  ?

B - am I missing something profoundly wrong with XBasic which precludes its
use ?

thanks very much for taking your time to help me out

richard