It's a bit of an contradiction for me that you ask for modularity but don't
want an object based language.
Development of XBasic seems to have stopped about 2002. The community that
could help you will be rather small.
Much of the documentation is not available anymore. I can only assume that
this is an interpreter language as most of the basic dialects (although
sourceforge category is 'compiler').  This means you would need to compile
the interpreter sourcecode for the ARM before you can use it.
I would recommend a more recent language with a bigger community. I never
needed any other language than C++. Here and than I thought I need to learn
java, but than I never needed it.
C++ is probably the best supported language on Linux systems. If you don't
want objects you don't need to use them.

Chilli