On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:11 AM, Tim M <timlorimurta...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> .
>

> William, thanks for your help. I will have to buy a FTDI cable before I can
> give this a try.
>
> But I have  a question. My BBB doesn't boot from a microSD, all LEDs come on
> immediately and stay on. How can I connect to it in this state?
>
> If I have a serial console connection to the BBB using the FTDI cable, will
> I have to log in with a user name and password? Or will it behave as if I
> had a monitor attached, and boot messages will simply appear on screen?
>
> I'm trying to determine if getting an FTDI cable will help debug this
> failure to boot problem.

By having the FTDI cable plugged in, you'll visually see over the
usart the full boot procedure and either the software error or
hardware failure of the microSD..

One can easily be fixed, the other is a broken board.

Till then, the 4 led pattern doesn't tell us much.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/