I finally got a FTDI cable and attached it to my new BBB. I get the
following when I attempt to boot from the microSD card:

U-Boot 2014.04-00015-gb4422bd (Apr 22 2014 - 13:24:29)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
NAND:  0 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
*** Warning - readenv() failed, using default environment

Net:   <ethaddr> not set. Validating first E-fuse MAC
cpsw, usb_ether
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
gpio: pin 53 (gpio 53) value is 1
mmc0 is current device
gpio: pin 54 (gpio 54) value is 1
SD/MMC found on device 0
reading uEnv.txt
313 bytes read in 5 ms (60.5 KiB/s)
gpio: pin 55 (gpio 55) value is 1
Loaded environment from uEnv.txt
Importing environment from mmc ...
Checking if uenvcmd is set ...
gpio: pin 56 (gpio 56) value is 1
Running uenvcmd ...

uenvcmd was not defined in uEnv.txt ...
gpio: pin 56 (gpio 56) value is 0
gpio: pin 55 (gpio 55) value is 0
gpio: pin 54 (gpio 54) value is 0
mmc1(part 0) is current device
gpio: pin 54 (gpio 54) value is 1
SD/MMC found on device 1
reading uEnv.txt
1430 bytes read in 6 ms (232.4 KiB/s)
gpio: pin 55 (gpio 55) value is 1
Loaded environment from uEnv.txt
Importing environment from mmc ...
Checking if uenvcmd is set ...
gpio: pin 56 (gpio 56) value is 1
Running uenvcmd ...
** File not found zImage **
** File not found initrd.img **
** File not found /dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb **
Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!

uenvcmd was not defined in uEnv.txt ...
Booting from nand ...

no devices available

no devices available
Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!

This seems to indicate the zImage is bad on the microSD. However, I tried
this microSD card in two other BBB's that I have, and they both boot just
fine from this microSD. And, I took the microSD card from one of those
BBB's (a known good card), put it in my new BBB, and it won't boot.

So I think my new BBB is defective. Do you guys agree?