On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Tim M <timlorimurta...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> In your last post you suggested downgrading to 3.8.x so that I can use the
> capemgr to enable the BB-UART2-00A0.dtbo device tree overlay. But before I
> downgrade, is there an alternative way to enable UART2 that will work with
> 3.14.X?
>
> I'm using an XBee cape board that needs UART2 enabled. Whatever method I use
> to enable UART2, it must work automatically at boot time so that my cape
> board works after booting without intervention from me.
>
> By the way, I noticed that /dev/ttyO2 is present on my 3.14.X image, so I
> tried simply plugging in my cape board to see if UART2 worked, but no luck.

Just use v4.1.x: (any jessie image (the console doesn't have the
dtbo's installed by default 1)

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Debian_Image_Testing_Snapshots

Then in /boot/uEnv.txt add:

cape_enable=bone_capemgr.enable_partno=BB-UART2

Been hacking on it for the last few weeks, at this point it's
production ready. ;)

1: https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/