On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Matt Maher Peterson
<matt.maherpeter...@hydro-care.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a debian image I built with custom device tree and code that I have
> created.  I have copied and flashed this onto new beaglebones using this
> tool:
>
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBone_Black_Extracting_eMMC_contents
>
> This worked great untill a recent shipment of BBB REV C from element 14.  I
> can see a difference a between the two boards where the emmc chips are
> different the 'old rev c' has a kingston chip whereas the 'new rev c' has a
> different one with a number 4LA18 JWA06 and M with a circle.
>
> When I use the tool mentioned above I get the proper led sequence tell me
> the emmc is being flashed (blinking once a second, then goes solid when
> finished).  On these new board the LED sequence starts off right but goes
> solids very quickly and seemingly no image has been copied?
>
> What am I missing here??

Nand/eMMC vary in size, the current eMMC's being used range in sizes:

#Micron 3744MB (bbb): 3925868544 bytes -> 3925.86 Megabyte
#Kingston 3688MB (bbb): 3867148288 bytes -> 3867.15 Megabyte
#Kingston 3648MB (bbb): 3825205248 bytes -> 3825.21 Megabyte

dd based image tools can't handle this. Use the rsync "flashers"...

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/