> *Trying to update the flash to Debian 8.3 and initially I get the back and
> forth Knight Rider pattern. Then, after a bit I get just 4 double blink
> leds every half second or so. Looks like a few others have seen this, but
> no conversation around the issue or possible solutions.*
>
> *My raspberry pi's work just fine, and when I do have a problem I can find
> answers fairly quickly.*
>
> *It's clear that the BBB is a dead product. There is no meaningful
> resources for issues, and when the system simply won't 'reset from a new
> image from their site'... that's the last straw.*
>
> *Mine are going in the trash and I will advise anyone everywhere to do the
> same.*

If that's the mentality you're going to take, then I say don't let the door
hit you in the ass on your way out . . .But it is in no way the fault or
responsibility of anyone in this community that *you* have problems with
customizing your software. You had a working image on it when it shipped to
you, you take responsibility when you attempt to customize the software.