to be a bit more nice about my grandious statement that the BBB is dead..
here is a bit of history.

I have been working with products like this for about 18 years. Small form
factor boards like the basic stamps and zworld jack rabbits to todays rasp
pi's and bbb's and the banana pros and such and such

the raspberry has a great community.. and the BBB doesnt. I have had
numerous instances where i was using the BBB and found an issue and there
are only crickets sounding on google.

I am not saying the BBB is a bad board as it is clearly a nice peice of
engineering.. i am saying the product BBB will pass into the past while the
rasp pi will persist.

id advise you leave this BBB behind as it has no value looking toward the
future. this ship has sunk.

and thats a bummer in many ways.