You know that you are nit picking right now. The requirements are clear, 5V2A.
Test any of these supplies, and see what happens to the supply when you try to
take 3A, it won’t and it will current limit at close to 2A. For UL
requirements, they all have short circuit protection, which is a safety
requirement. Most of these supplies are based on switchmode technologies and
hence naturally current limit. This is just common sense, and so why do you
expect Gerald to specify every detail. The documentation he compiled is very
detailed so I would cut him some slack here.

Here is the recommended power supplies:

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBone_Black_Accessories#Power_Supplies

Here is what is described on the BeagleBoard FAQ

What power peripherals are required/desirable?
        • There are several ways to power a Beagle. The option exists to feed
the on-board regulators through either the 5V barrel connector input or USB
input. When powered up over USB, the regulators are somewhat limited in what
they can supply the system. Power over USB is sufficient as long as the
software and system running perform some management to keep it under the USB
current limit threshold. For simplicity and maximum capability, powering over
the 5V barrel connector is typically recommended.
        • The power adapter is required to provide 5V over a 5.5mm outer
diameter and 2.1mm inner diameter barrel connector (a barrel connector length
of 9.5mm is more than sufficient). The recommended supply current is at least
1.2A (or 6W), but at least 2A (or 10W) is recommended if you are going to
connect up anything over the USB. The actual power consumption will vary
greatly with changes on the USB load.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/3BCC8D0D-6C76-49E2-80B4-12BE663EE859%40gmail.com.