On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 16:49:05 -0700, you wrote:

>You cannot get the board layout done with 2 layers and you would have all kind
>of issues with power supply noise, ground bounce, etc. You have to start with
>2 power planes and then you need at least 4 layers to get the signals out from
>the processor. You will not be able to route the board on 2 layers. You need a
>minimum of 4 routing layers and add 2 power planes and so you have a minimum
>of 6 layers.

I wasn't considering a modification of an ARM design, I was thinking
more of different processors.  My preference (and cost limitations) as
well as what I already have software for, point me to other
processors.  If I were to use ARM processors ( a possibility), I'd be
working with a pre-made board of some sort, due to manufacturing
difficulties.

Harvey

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/nnulnb15lkat696jpnvomnd7p11ng2v4cj%404ax.com.