On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 10:19:11 PM UTC+2, William Hermans wrote:

> By the way, TI's most recent kernels are purportedly supposed to use
> either remoteproc, or uio_pruss. I say purportedly because I have not
> personally experimented with that yet, but Robert made a post not long ago
> about this. So it sounds like right off the bat, all you need to do is load
> the PRU overlay file to get uio_pruss working. Or a slightly more involved
> process to get remoteproc working.

Thanks for pointing that out! I think you are referring to this post I
think:
http://beagleboard.org/Community/Forums?place=msg%2Fbeagleboard%2Fl59Dx8ygxNg%2FGvIzOJSzDAAJ

? Need to check in detail what Robert mentioned in the post. I would have
no problem reporting back if this leads to success, which might be
something to materialize somewhere in the wiki and would be glad to help. I
guess I was looking in the wrong spot trying to find info on the kernel
(e.g. here <http://beagleboard.org/latest-images> and the wiki and getting
started guide referred in it), did not realize I had to search in the
Forum.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/8d99efed-6eca-4689-bee4-3972df472c7a%40googlegroups.com.