Well, not to mention you installed a *bone* kernel anyhow. So what we're
talking about is really moot. e.g. a topic for a different discussion.

So. . . back on topic . . .

*Download suitable linu image and reboot:*
william@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install linux-image-4.4.14-ti-r34
william@beaglebone:~$ sudo reboot

*Install git and check your dtc version:*
william@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install git
william@beaglebone:~$ dtc -v
Version: DTC 1.4.1

*Clone the git into a suitable location:*
william@beaglebone:~$ cd dev
git clone -b 4.4-ti https://github.com/RobertCNelson/dtb-rebuilder
dtb-4.4-ti --depth=1
william@beaglebone:~/dev$ cd dtb-4.4-ti/

*Edit the needed board file( this will be different for every situation )*
william@beaglebone:~/dev/dtb-4.4-ti$ nano
src/arm/am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dts
change:
/* #include "am33xx-pruss-uio.dtsi" */
to:
#include "am33xx-pruss-uio.dtsi"

*Build from source, and install the board file:*
william@beaglebone:~/dev/dtb-4.4-ti$ make
william@beaglebone:~/dev/dtb-4.4-ti$ sudo make install

*Blacklist the remoteproc drivers:*
william@beaglebone:~/dev/dtb-rebuilder$ sudo nano
/etc/modprobe.d/pruss-blacklist.conf
blacklist pruss
blacklist pruss_intc
blacklist pru-rproc
william@beaglebone:~/dev$ sudo reboot

*Test to see if the device tree file loaded successfully:*
william@beaglebone:~$ lsmod |grep  uio
uio_pruss               4928  0
uio_pdrv_genirq         3539  0
uio                     8822  2 uio_pruss,uio_pdrv_genirq

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORrW-VQVyme2cEp1OtTCqpenn0NDGx%3DHOR43SdWv17TmLA%40mail.gmail.com.