Finally, that worked William (&John &Robert)! I did a small check with an
LED and am able to with it on/off now via the PRU and uio.

For your consideration, I wonder how you feel like to document this more
structurally so others can benefit from it? I was offset by some older
posts on the forum. Next thing I just though about is to make more use of
the .deb functionality instead of relying on script or instructions. For
instance uio "conflicts" with remoteproc in reality, but both reside on the
same sd-card image. Otherwise, I also understood the PRU's are not that
much used, so maybe it;s not worth the effort to invest in this.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, I'd be glad to inform/post the end
result of my project somewhere once my time-critical part of c code as
transferred to the PRU.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/1a79bfd0-ddcf-4f32-a6af-95635e067fef%40googlegroups.com.