On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM,  <shawn.reul...@tritonsvc.com> wrote:
> Hello, Robert I have BBGW with Debian image of 2016-05-27, what's the best
> way to apply this fix for Wifi module powerup onto that existing image? I've
> done:
>
> ./update_kernel.sh --lts-4_4 --ti-channel
>

> and
>

> ~/dtb-rebuilder$ make ; sudo make install
>

> both took, I've rebooted and confirmed kernel version has changed:
>
> ~$ uname -a
>
> Linux beaglebone 4.4.22-ti-r48 #1 SMP Tue Sep 27 22:40:34 UTC 2016 armv7l
> GNU/Linux
>

> currently Wifi module is not being recognized, no wlcore statements in
> dmesg, just one error that seems related:
>

> mmc2: error -5 whilst initialising SDIO card

Yeah, i'm seeing that too..

I have a few bbgw's, that work great with the led-on power setup,
while others that work great with the mmc regulator control..

A few guy's at ti are looking into this still.

But till then, (starting with 4.4.22-ti-rt-r49/4.4.22-ti-r49) both
options will be available. * it's building right now, should be out in
a couple hours..

(the old way)
dtb=am335x-bonegreen-wireless.dtb

(the led-on way (this is the method we've been testing this week))
dtb=am335x-bonegreen-wireless-led-hack.dtb

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYikLWLzJ84PWg_eG8YTxB8dxkYsh-8k%3DxHwXTspFRG%2B2A%40mail.gmail.com.