On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 8:26 AM Stephane Charette <
stephanechare...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 1:06:21 PM UTC-7, Stephane Charette wrote:
>
> When I first plug power into my BBGW, everything works great.  But if I
> issue a "reboot" or "shutdown -r now" command, when the device boots back
> up I have no wifi.
>

> This morning, TI finally replied to me on their forum in regards to this
> ongoing wifi problem.  While I understand the meaning in the message, I
> don't have the skills to know what to do with this information.  Here is
> what they had to say:
>
> I believe we have found the root cause for the BBGW wifi related issues.
> Bottom line is that BT_AUD_OUT from wl1835 has to be pulled low when WL_EN
> is activated.
> in case it isn't, wilink8 ends up in one of the test modes that introduces
> various issues (elp wakeup timeouts etc.)
> On the BBGW this pin is routed through the level shifter (U21) that
> introduces a pullup on the line and wilink8 ends up in a bad state.
> To work around this, I have used a gpio hog to force this pin low.
> An alternative may be adding an external pulldown on U21 pin 4 but this
> would require an ECO.
>
> Please see section 10.4 in the following document:
> http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/swru437/swru437.pdf
>
> You can see that AUD_OUT_BT has to be 0 when BT or WLAN enable bit is set
> to high.
>
> BR,
> Eyal

Note that Robert has already incorporated the recommended work-around from
the TI WiFi team:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/dtb-rebuilder/commit/a0c693246e1abcbb3ed58f5a7319c6250416736c

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CA%2BT6QPk7tSyxBZk1WOGHes3Om81GWHf9aLHWakdpRwg5r2Q2nA%40mail.gmail.com.