Hi, all -

I've decided to self-tutor in the area of embedded Linux. (I have embedded
experience, and some Linux experience, but not together). I was thinking of
getting a beaglebone for experimentation. I can't be more specific, because
I don't know what I want to yet, other than learn some new skills.

 I have a few questions, if you please:

1. is the beaglebone platform a reasonable choice?
2. is there a particular model I should favor?
3. in the old days, we needed special devices (like flashers) for
downloading programs. Do I need anything like this to use the board?

Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/09888cf2-5402-432e-8f72-5c0d74662944%40googlegroups.com.