On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Graham <gra...@flex-radio.com> wrote:

> The Beaglebone is a better choice than say, Raspberry Pi, since Linux is
> somewhat locked-down on the R Pi, which puts limits what you can do with it.

This is mostly false. The images provided by the Raspberry PI foundation
are rather "odd". However, just like with the beaglebone a user can create
their own Linux images. Especially for the rPI2/3's. Since they are able to
run armhf code like any other normal ARM system to date.

All one needs to know is which files need to be where( text config files,
and device tree files, etc ). But, one thing I have not seen yet is
instructions for creating, compiling, and "installing" a boot loader for
these systems. Presumably one could setup and use a "stock( rPI patched
)uboot for this task.

The hard part would mostly be finding good solid information on how the
hardware is to brought up at, and prior to boot. The graphics processor is
also hard to find good solid information on.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORrRAr_UiSPjcunOnizT_zRwu%2Boc5_y5qVedmMCPVXLA8g%40mail.gmail.com.