Hi, I am one of the students who was given the BBBlue to interface with the
robot, We have the latest image on an SD card in the BBBlue, on boot the
leds appear to go through the normal boot routine. However we are unable to
interface with it in anyway. Initially we tried to connect with the usb
network cable, however it was not recognized as even being attached by
Ubuntu or windows, where as the black normally will show up as a device. So
we tried to interface with UART0 which we assume is the debug serial port,
and the only thing we read was nonsense, using the same serial config that
we use to interface with the black. So we are unsure if we are missing
something or if there is maybe a problem with the board

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/74094b8c-4f74-4a8c-a025-f3ead45219ad%40googlegroups.com.