Hi Zach,

So, first of all. Yes removing the line , commenting it out in uEnv.txt
will keep from loading the overlay at boot. As for removing it from the
initramfs, I would assume if you reversed the process. e.g. remove the line
from uEnv.txt. then remove the file from /lib/firmware, that the script
would also remove it from the initramfs. However, I have not looked through
the script in that great of detail, and have not tested it personally.

The only real issue here is that the initramfs could get much larger than
you needed, in some cases. But otherwise it should be fine. So long as you
do not create too many overlays, and "inject" them into the initramfs. In
dire cases, where you do need to remove much fromm the initramfs, you could
copy the initramfs, extract the file system, modify the file system,
re-archive it, then move the old initramfs out of the way, and replace it
with the new initial ram disk. It is a rather complex operation, and that
would be assuming Roberts script is not already capable of removing files
as well.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORp9AS-PO6d9rkfwoPdWPAM4VF%2BUa14wV7JZoQDKbUXjfA%40mail.gmail.com.