On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> univ-emmc is the userspace overlay we automatically load on bootup
> >>
> >> open /boot/uEnv.txt
> >>
> >> you'll notice a cape_universal=enable
> >>
> >> remove that and reboot
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>

> > What does that actually do Robert ? I've done this myself in the past,
> and
> > haven't noticed a difference one way or another. Granted, I am using a
> > heavily modified universal overlay. . . but with only specific pins muxed
> > the way I need it, and everything else stripped out.
>
> It's the hint to load it on bootup:
>
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/boot-scripts/blob/master/boot/am335x_evm.
> sh#L442-L531
>
> Regards,

Thanks Robert,

I just kind of glanced at the script and saw towards the end of the
highlighted code where is chooses the file to load. Didn't see where or or
even if it does not load  one based on if another overlay was chosen or
not. But that's not really all that important to me. . . I'll just disable
it in the future.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORo61526jUR%3DPHuoQ%3DnyuXwU2bG5g5FMZ1%2BkvjfWkxPyJw%40mail.gmail.com.