Dear Community members,

I am willing to interface, 12 bit 4 channel, Simultaneous Sampling
High-Speed ADC (Analog AD7864
<http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/AD7864.pdf>)

to BeagleBone Black, and operate it at 100k sampling rate. My present
thoughts are to use header P8 Digital I/O pins to control the ADC as well
as to read the input data from the ADC (using interrupt(s) - EOC). I will
also do a DFT on the received data samples.

I would also like to interface GPS over UART for timing signal and 1 PPS
timing reference (but that is my secondary goal, so not worried at the
moment).

So, Can you critique about the capability of the board for such a arduous
task? Is board capable of doing this? if yes, can you guide what approach
can I / should I take?

My existing search has led me to three things
1) Use Sys/Bios as a real-time OS enable peripherals as DIO and interrupt
source. ( right now I am digging dipper into this)
2) Use a Debian patched with Ti's RT-kernal ( I am interested in this but I
am not sure about it's interrupt support!)
3) Xenomai ( No Idea)

Hoping to have some time-tested practical insight (and references) from you
all.

Thank you and my sincerest gratitude to all.

1. https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black
2. http://exploringbeaglebone.com/chapter13/
3.
http://brunosmartins.info/xenomai-on-the-beaglebone-black-in-14-easy-steps/