Hi Robert,

On 08.10.19 17:34, Robert Nelson wrote:
Thank you. That's good to know.

A kernel upgrade on our devices requires using the dtb-rebuilder to get our modified base
DTB-s (am335x-boneblack.dtb). For the 4.19-ti series the most recent supported kernel
version in your repo appears to be "4.19.25-ti-r17" from 6 months ago (when
looking at commit comments).

The beagleboard repo doesn't list any kernel versions anywhere. When using this
repo, how would I recognize which 4.19-ti kernel version I'd be able to apply
my modified DTB-s to?

That shouldn't be an issue going forward.. (easy to say as 4.19-ti has
quieted down, so that might backfire with 5.4-ti)

With the old dtb-rebuilder repo, we'd always push a dts patch to the
kernel build script first, tag it and then manually copy it back to
the dtb-rebuilder.  So things would get out of sync if i didn't copy
it over..

With the new repo, everything gets pushed to the
BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees repo first, and the files get sync'ed directly
back to the kernel build script afterwards:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/ti-linux-kernel-dev/blob/ti-linux-4.19.y/patch.sh#L353-L409

It should be less error prone. I hope..

Ok, the patch flow process seems sound.

But I have a rather simpler question. How would I match a specific kernel deb package to a BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees repo commit which went into _this_ package?

I suspect I can't randomly pick a set of DTB files meant for one kernel, modify and then apply those to another kernel.

E.g. I've chosen linux-image-4.19.50-ti-r24 as my kernel (from your apt repo). Now I wish to modify the DTB-s corresponding to _this_ kernel package. Not for 5.x, not for some newer or older release of 4.19-ti. How would I find the DTB-s in this package from the BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees repo?

Off-topic: I'm also assuming that the kernel packages in repos.rcn-ee.com are all tested and good for production use, which may or may not be correct.

--
Lugupidamisega/Kind regards
Tarmo Kuuse