On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:02 PM Ralph Stormer <powerto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> From my first post, I mentioned I wanted to utilize pins P8_11 through P8_19.
> I don't want to mess with any other pins since the rest of the LCD_DATA pins
> (P8_27 through P8_46) are already enabled out of the box. The default
> LCD_DATA pins only account for 16 bit color. The other 8 bits are located on
> the P8_11 through P8_19 pins in MODE 1 only. I simply want to switch those
> specific pins to MODE 1 so that I may utilize the full 24 bit LCD_DATA.

Pins P8_27 thru P8_46 are "enabled" as an 16bit color interface thru
the hdmi...  You can enable MODE 1 on those other pins but it won't
change a thing as it's configured for 16bit mode...

If you want 24bit, you need to disable the hdmi interface

https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#U-Boot_Disable_on-board_devices

disable_uboot_overlay_video=1

and create your own 24bit overlay or use the example i showed you.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/