Hi Robert,

Once again, thank you for this information.

I wanted to give you and anyone else in my situation an update on this
matter. I was able to successfully disable the HDMI interface by going into
nano */boot/uEnv.txt *and commenting the "disable_uboot_overlay_video=1"
line.

The next thing I looked into was using the 24-bit overlay example mentioned
previously and linked here:
https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/src/arm/BB-BONE-NH7C-01-A0.dts

After several hours of research, I discovered that the *.dto *of this
overlay was already on the BeagleBone Black. I then tried adding this .dto
file into the uEnv.txt file and rebooted the Beagle. I powered it on and
tried probing some of the LCD_DATA pins with an o-scope and didn't get
anything. Did I do something wrong?

I would also like some help modifying this overlay for other requirements.
I simply only want to unlock the full 24-bit LCD_DATA lines of the Beagle.
My display that I want to connect has a resolution of 640x480. It is not a
touchscreen and I do not need backlight control as I have an external
backlight driver. In this file, I also see display settings such as *fronporch,
backporch, hsync, vsync, and clock, *which by looking at the datasheet of
my display is 25MHz*. *How to I get these other values for my display?

I understand that once the overlay is written, I use the *dtc *command to
compile a *.dto *file, which is then placed somewhere in uEnv.txt (I
believe).

Lastly, is there anyway to test that the overlay is in place and working?
Until now, I simply connect an o-scope to see signals such as clock.

Again, thank you in advance!