This is very frustrating because I simply want to unlock the full 24-bit
LCD_DATA lines on the BeagleBone Black, without the use of any fancy
touchscreen or back light stuff. I am a new user and I must say this isn't
very "newbie" friendly as one needs a great deal of knowledge on device
tree structures and their underlying details, as well as writing code.

I'm amazed that there isn't a simpler way to do what I'm trying to do :(