Hi all,

I have a similar question. However my setup is slightly different in that
we don't have a preset division of the loan. We divide the contribution to
both based on how our income compares, so this can change over the years.
As such, and on advice of the notary, we want to keep track of how much
each of us contributed to the loan repayment, as that it relevant for what
part of the house we own if we are ever to break up.

Similarly, there might be times when someone misses a payment, or pays too
much. So I would like to see one account for each which designates our
standing towards the shared account.

So what I would ideally be able to see is this:

   - Equity:House:Me/Partner => Accumulated repayment amount for each fo us
   - Liabilities(??):Me/Partner => Current standing, should usually be
   (around) 0
   - Expenses:Interest => Should show how much interest we paid (not that
   important, but nice to see).

What also plays a part is that the loan is made up of 3 parts, so each
month there are 3 transactions. Helpfully the description contains the
repayment and interest amounts, so I have written an importer that can add
the right postings. But I'm still a bit clueless as to where to post this
so that I can achieve the above.

If I post to some intermediate Liabilities:Hypotheek:Part-1 and
Expenses:Interest, how would I also make this show up on our personal
balance accounts?

Regards,

Tino