At 15:21 25/06/01, you wrote:
>I would say "Effective Perl Programming" or "CGI Programming with Perl"

CGI Programming (why does no-one call it 'the Mouse book'?) is a very fine
book, but in the edition I have it doesn't discuss using the CGI.pm module,
instead recommending cgi-lib.pl and saying rather briskly 'for simple
scripts, it is far easier and quicker to roll your own'. Has this policy
been changed in more recent editions?

I agree that it's important to understand the fundamentals of CGI handling,
but to not use CGI.pm once you've understood what it's doing would just be
making hard work for yourself.

best,

Mo

Mo Holkar