--- "Boex,Matthew W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i need to incorporate a good deal of html into my cgi scripts.  what are my
> options other than Html::Mason.  i know that will do the job but just want
> to compare against any other solutions out there....
>
> matt

Two options come to mind offhand.

We use Template Toolkit where I work (http://www.template-toolkit.org/).  There's a
bit of a
learning curve but it's incredibly powerful and fast.  Also, it's not limited to HTML.
 You can
use it with business documents, XML, whatever you want to template.

HTML::Template is a nice, lightweight option that's ridiculously easy to use.  I wrote
up a quick
start guide for it (http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=46976) which also
explains *why* one
would want to use templates.