My solution is a little more general.  I wrote this so my CGI could fit into
HTML created using Dreamweaver templates.  In the Dreamweaver template
wherever I want my perl to write, I put a unique string, like "perlinsert".
Then I call a subroutine to put the html into an array, and print it as
needed.

my @html = split(/"perlinsert"/, getTemplate("template.htm"));

print $cgi->header, $html[0];
#perl code to print into section 1
print $html[1];
#perl code to print to next section...

#---------------Get the HTML template from an .htm file-----------------
sub getTemplate(){
 my $t = @_[0];
 my $template = "";
 open(HTML, $t) || print "The file you are accessing cannot be opened";
 while(<HTML>){$template .= $_;}
 close(HTML);
 return $template;
}

Then when I update the Dreamweaver template, the CGI's all get the updates
as well.