Hi all,

I am fairly new to Perl, most of my experience so far
has been to modify existing scripts.

I have a problem that I cant find a script for and I
am hoping someone here can point me to a script that
already exists.

Since I dont really know what to ask for, let me
describe the problem, and the desired solution...

PROBLEM:
I have web pages (specifically press releases) on my
site that are too wide to print - and I have received
complaints from visitors that want to print them, but
end up with "missing" words along the right hand side
of the page. The pages are too wide due to the design
of the page - an unfortunate problem I did not forsee
until too late.

DESIRED SOLUTION:
I would rather NOT go back and change the page design.
What I would like to do is put a link on each page
(press release) that says "PRINT". This link would
then call a cgi-bin/perl application that would "strip
out" the graphics/etc (which are forcing the page to
be too wide), and leave only the text and graphics
between the <body> and </body> tags.

The script/program doesn't actually have to print
anything - just open a new browser with the simplified
information in it (i.e. what mapquest.com does when
you want to print a map).

Does any such perl/cgi-bin script exist?

Thanks in advance!

Rusty