On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Rusty Wilson wrote:

> Changing the width of the page is not an option as
> that would "break" the interface (graphics/layout/etc)
> which were designed at 760px wide (at the customers
> reqest!) The client does not want a "narrower"
> interface.

Argh, that's one of the 7 deadly sins of web design -- hardcoding screen
widths, for surely where you want users to have a screen width of 760,
someone is going to come along with one that is 640 or 1280, and totally
break your design.  Not only that, having wide block of text is very
difficult to read -- a multi-column layout is much easier.

Oh, well, this entirely off-topic here so I'll shut up now.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/