I'm going to have to agree with Randal, here. Maybe I can chime in with a
less acidic tone.

If you don't want people to see your code, don't write it in a scripting
language. Buy a commercial C compiler and write commercial grade code. Perl
is a marvelous language for writing public domain code that just works well.
As a beneficiary of the contributions to Perl, you should have some modicum
of respect for the community. It's completely the wrong platform for writing
secret proprietary code to distribute for profit. And there is no reason to.
Other languages are intended for such purposes and do it better.