* Sir Douglas Cook ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> How do I Configure Perl for use with a Personal Web Server?
>
> The skinny,
> I am on my home computer running Windows 98 second edition
> with ActiveState Perl installed and I can write scripts to the MS-Dos
> window. I am also using the Personal Web Server that comes with
> Windows 98 and I don't know what to do configure the Web Server
> to display my local Perl in the Internet Explorer 6?

Doug,

I don't have any win32 experience myself, but I think I can get you
headed in the right direction.  I know this annoying link is long, but
it gets you started trying to configure the "Personal Web Server" to
work with ActivePerl.

http://aspn.activestate.com//ASPN/Reference/Products/ActivePerl/faq/Windows/ActivePerl-Winfaq6.html#How_do_I_configure_Microsoft_Per

You other alternative and what I would recommend is to download the
win32 version of Apache.  It's free and it's one of the most widely used
web servers out there so it wouldn't hurt to play around with it a bit.

Here is the link to grab it:

    http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/

and here is how to get it to play nice with ActivePerl

http://aspn.activestate.com//ASPN/Reference/Products/ActivePerl/faq/Windows/ActivePerl-Winfaq6.html#How_do_I_use_Perl_for_Win32_unde

Have fun and just post to the list if you run into trouble!

-biz-