Ok, i found out how to pass a few arguments to the other script:

           <a
href="collectformdata.cgi?action=fetch&f_name=$f_name&f_surname=$f_surname"
 > Update</a>

The only problem I have left is that the variables are not passed on.
Once I put names in there, it works just fine, but I do need those
variables to work.....
if I would get  any tips on this I'd really appreciate it....

Sven