On Mon, 13 May 2002 22:03:42 +0100, Camilo Gonzalez wrote:

> After a quick perusal it seems the replacement form's greatest
> contribution seems to be to limit the number of recipients that may be
> emailed at any one time. There seem to a number of other improvements
> and it looks like the code is updated more to what is recommended here.

If you'd like to know more about all of the security holes in Matt's
FormMail, please see
<http://www.monkeys.com/anti-spam/formmail-advisory.pdf>.

We believe that the nms version fixes all of these problems.

> I do understand the objections to Matt's style, after all he wrote this
> stuff when he was just 14 and Perl has come a long way since then. I
> don't share the animosity, after all he has done a great deal to
> popularize Perl. It's just too bad he did it with poor code and
> continues to write bad code.

Actually he doesn't write very much bad Perl code any more. He's pretty
much stopped maintaining his Perl scripts :)

And whilst I aggree that he did a lot oto popularise Perl, I also think
that the lack of quality in his scripts has done a lot to damage Perl's
reputation.

Dave...

--
  "Don't you boys know any _nice_ songs?"