Michael Kelly wrote:

> Ok, I have a question now: What, exactly, started the vendetta that the
> entire Perl community seems to have against Matt's Script Archives? Is it
> the constant security concerns, or is there something else?

there is no vendetta that i know of.

the nms project at sourceforge provides drop-in replacements for all of
matt's scripts.

read the nms page at http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net.  does it sound like
a bitter quarrel?  i don't think so.  it's simply a way to get reliable,
secure open-source code that works in perl 5.004, uses no standard
modules and drops in place of matt's code.

sounds more like a solution than a vendetta.