On Mon, 13 May 2002 17:14:03 +0100, Drieux wrote:

> On Monday, May 13, 2002, at 08:52 , Kevin Meltzer wrote:
>
>> try the rewrite from NMS:
>>
>> http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kevin
>
> which version of the code is the 'problem' version?
>
> what is the current specific 'security' issue?
>
> there was a security update to v1.92 on 04/21/02 has there been some new
> issue arise??? since then?

Matt's version 1.92 fixes all of the spam relay problems with FormMail.
There are, I believe, a couple of Cross-Site Scripting vunerabilities
remaining.

However secure this version is, it's still written for Perl for and
doesn't use "strict", "-w", taint mode or CGI.pm. It's a really bad
example of Perl code and I wouldn't want anyone to see the source and
think they can learn Perl from it.

Dave...

--
  ...she opened strange doors that we'd never close again