At 08:55 AM 7/10/2002, David T-G wrote:
>Roger --
>
>...and then Roger Spears said...
>%
>% Hello,
>
>Hi!
>

>%
>% Well for my next project I'm trying to build an interactive calendar
>% system using Perl/CGI.
>
>Neat.  I'd be quite interested in the finished product.  I've been
>searching (fruitlessly) for a calendar that will print multi-day events
>in a lined-up bar across the days instead of jumbling events together.
>Will yours work for me?

Our calendar does something like this within our day view. We call it a
"chunking algorithm" to allow events to span different hours and overlap
with other events within the same day while looking nice.

Our month and week views do not do this same chunking (the events are just
repeated) but the general chunking algorithm could probably be reused in
our month and week views if this was something you were keen on.

It's part of the downloads on http://www.extropia.com/

Later,
     Gunther