Second part:

Depends on how complex you want your thumbnail page to be (of course).

Simplest might be to store all your thumbnails to a directory, do an
opendir, then while readdir, print your image tag changing only the file
name in each case.

To complicate matters, you can use the same Image::Magick module to read
the thumbnail to generate the width/height tags on the fly though I
would say that is probably overkill.  As for handling pages/numbered to
display on each page, and stepping between them you are probably going
to have to pass a couple of variables to the script, such as where to
start displaying and how many to display. Or you could go the simple
route and hard code the number shown, in which case you could just pass
a "page" variable, either way you then generate the urls on the fly
referencing "previous","next","first","last", etc. ....So many options,
so little time.

http://danconia.org