Rob,
  Great going, you are adding the 'use strict;' pragma
to your code.! Bravo.  Now, here is the deal.  Tell
Perl that 'br' is a function by doing either '&br' or
'br();'.  That should do the trick.  You'll notice
that all of your other functions have parenthesis.
That is why you are not getting the bareword warning
on them.

Kristofer

=====