It was Thursday, December 04, 2003 when Chuck Fox took the soap box, saying:
: Casey,
:
: I would like to chime in on the side of sending the search results
: directly to the poster.  In most cases, the poster is at the mercy of
: the search engine they choose. Whereas, you have the advantage of
: knowing where to search.  Please do not abandon this work.  A digest --
: to which, one may subscribe -- of this activity may also prove useful in
: the long run to the lurkers like myself.

Fear not!  I've received a lot of good feedback, and here are the
results.

  http://bfr.caseywest.com

The First Response System is no longer going to the mailing list.
It's also not going to the OP.  If you notice, the new footer on all
the list postings points to a redirection URL.

  http://learn.perl.org/first-response

You can subscribe to the RSS feed.

  http://bfr.caseywest.com/index.rdf

Your can search the site and read all the archives if you like, as
well.  We'll see how this approach works out.  I've yet to get the FAQ
updated, but I will.

: Thanks for the cool and interesting approach to getting an answer out to
: the questioner.

I hope it works. The goal is to be helpful, after all. :-)

: --
: To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: <http://learn.perl.org/> <http://learn.perl.org/first-response>

Aah, there it is.

  Casey West

--
Usenet is like Tetris for people who still remember how to read.
  -- Button from the Computer Museum, Boston, MA