Camilo>  It may behoove you to send a confirmation email with a link
Camilo> that when clicked will opt in a user. This "double opt-in"
Camilo> procedure has become standard operating procedure for
Camilo> considerate marketers and an integral part of customer
Camilo> relations management.

It's only called "double opt-in" by spammers, because they want the
public to think it's two rounds, not one.  It's simply called "opt-in"
by the spamfighters, like me.

In fact, that's my telltale sign that I'm looking at a spammer because
they've called something "double opt-in". :)