Actually, it wasn't too long ago that someone posted a message here
saying "HELP Spammers have been using my cgi mailer to mass people and
my ISP is threatening to shut me down!".

When dealing with email.. always taint check and sanitize data.  Never
allow someone to post the "To" or "Cc" address, because while your
javascript and html maxlength's prevent me from using my browser to
submit data to your form, I can still use WWW::Mechanize or LWP to
annihilate the crap out of your server.  And those looking with
nefarious purposes will do the same.  Server side check the data coming
in, and if you must have someone setting the "to" field, make sure
there's some sort of authentication and/or rate limit to the sending
built in.

Perl gives you enough rope to hang yourself, and the rest of the
internet along with you.. please be careful ;)

--
Brad Lhotsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>